Neph”a*lism\, n. [Gr. ? soberness, fr. ? sober, ? to drink no wine: cf. F. n[‘e]phalisme.] Total abstinence from spirituous liquor.
The 30-day Nephalist
n. A 32-year old aspiring writer and slacker, living in the Northwest area of the United States of America, quenching his thirst for self-knowledge but not for microbrews.
- to document my experience staying sober for thirty days
- to share with people who are struggling to find balance in their drug use
- to help me maintain my resolve
- to develop my blogging, writing, and ability to attract readers (read: web marketing, social networking)
- to answer the questions, “Why drink?” and “Why not drink?”
I plan to post to the blog regularly, three or four
or five times a week, and to continue after the 30-days are up, whatever decision I make about my drinking. I plan to remain anonymous, although I will share my blog with friends and family members as long as I can feel safe about being completely honest.